Monday, September 27, 2010

what would you do?

I want to thank you all so much for your wonderful words of support. They make me feel almost like a normal pregnant woman, one who gets to make pregnancy announcements a happy thing.

I have my ultrasound scheduled for 10/5, so I'll know more about the fate of the ocho then.

I'm debating telling my coworkers. My boss knows, since he asked me to help xray a patient Saturday and I had to fess up. I don't know if I should tell the rest of the office. Most of them have limited knowledge of our troubles (some know more than others). My duties will definitely be limited, and it will affect them. I just don't know if I want to lay my heart on the line for all of them to see.

What would you do?

7 comments:

  1. such a hard decision... but if i were you, i would do whatever it is that creates less stress for you right now.

    my job is radically different from yours in that i'm not in any direct danger (because of xrays, etc.) but the demands of my job from an hours perspective can be gruelling. i told 2 of the partners at my firm and they agreed to me working strict 9-5 hours at a time when i would otherwise be here 14 hours per day. i was uncomfortable telling them (just in case something goes wrong) but at the same time, i'm much happier to know that i'm doing whats best for baby right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you lots of good wishes!

    I would be more likely to tell some people who are the most sensitive to you and will give you the most support. Then let the others just wonder. You'll let them know when the timing is right. Unless they are jerks, they'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAAAHHHHH!!! I hope things continue to go well for you. Sending positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past, I told the ones closest to me. And they knew the whole story. I wanted them to be aware of my history. And I felt that they needed to know b/c I'm a nurse, and I couldn't do lifting and needed their help. They were very very understanding.

    You're in my prayers!!! Believe me, I understand how you must be feeling. I know it's a hard place to be in b/c of the past losses, but at the same time, I am very happy for you. Prayers going up to our heavenly Father on your behalf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Try to hold onto that healthy dose of optimism your doc prescribed. Keep us posted on the scan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you need to think about what's going to make you most comfortable. Only you can answer that. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told my boss due to my almost constant doctor appointments at the very beginning of the pregnancy..It kind of leaked out to everyone else around 10wks..I agree w/Kelly..You have to do what makes you the most comfortable and when it makes you the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete