Thursday, December 3, 2009

I feel like a woman....

So after all of these years of trying to get pregnant, getting pregnant, losing pregnancies, I've finally done it....




No, I'm not knocked up, sillies. I have my very first urinary tract infection!

(Disclaimer: If you are related to me, or the thought of me having sex somehow makes you squeamish, please read no further. There really will be TMI in this post. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!)

So, I ovulated Monday or Tuesday. According to biological imperative, we had a fun filled, sex filled weekend which even involved a trip to the local adult superstore. It was pretty awesome, and it didn't feel like that forced, we-have-to-do-it-now baby making sex. It felt like hot monkey loving. I hope it makes a baby.

And now I have a UTI. I have to say, not fun. And I really want to punch the people who call my office to say that their pet is peeing blood but they don't think it's an emergency. Umm, trust me, if your pet is peeing blood, he/she is in pain. He/she may not show it, because animals don't show pain like we do, but seriously. fucking. painful.

I was the problem patient for the doctor and pharmacy yesterday - I can't swallow pills AND I might be very barely pregnant, so the med choice became difficult. Good times.


And I thought that a miscarriage was the only bad thing that could come out of a weekend of sex.

9 comments:

  1. Can you believe it? I have never had UTI either! I am so sorry that you got your first! That sucks! I hope you feel better soon!

    And, if my dog was peeing blood....I wouldn't call anyone...I would drive my dogs ass to a vet hospital ASAP. Dude...who doesn't think that's an emergency? Wow.

    I hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Hope it heals soon. I'm assuming that was caused by some of the products at the "store"? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! I would imagine it's right up there in the "fun" category with a yeast infection. Good times. Drink some cranberry juice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to jinx myself (knocking on wood as I type this) but I've never had a UTI either! I hope you feel better soon.

    As for the dog person, umm....no one, dog or human should pee blood!

    Sounds like you had a HOT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... I've had too many UTI's to count! Just another side effect from TTC. Isn't IF fun????????????

    Oh, at least you got to have some great monkey lovin'. That's something I barely remember how to do.

    PS... Remember to keep up with the cranberry juice/pills. It really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey wifey
    UTI's suck major ass and I have to agree it is another fun thing all the TTC brings on-UGH!!! I understand what you mean bout the doctor/pharmacy thing too-it is so much more difficult if you think you're pregnant for them to find a pill for you! Let's just hope it goes away-like, now!! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ew, hope the meds you're able to take knock the UTI out fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    I have to say...LOVED this: "It felt like hot monkey loving". Good for you two!

    ReplyDelete