Wednesday, May 26, 2010

let the darkness in...

I have noticed over the past several months that my dark days arrive with a pattern. Usually they are tied to the imminent arrival of the crimson tide. I can be positively sunny and upbeat one day, and feeling the depths of despair the next. I lose perspective, and the ability to evaluate a situation with any intelligence.

Right now, things just seem insurmountable. The housework is piling up. The yardwork is out of control. The bills that need to be paid before we can start saving for adoption scare the shit out of me. I mourn the relationships that I have let fail. The fact that am probably not pregnant this month, and I probably will never be again, makes me wish desperately that my husband would leave me and find a happy life with someone else. The first baby who would have been approaching four - FOUR! - years old (you know, if my body didn't kill him) haunts me.

Right now, today, I feel as if everything is falling apart and I will never be enough, not in any way.

I didn't feel this way yesterday, and I know that soon, things will look up (I hope).

But right now, I don't want this life.

6 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way... i'm thinking of you and hoping for a brighter tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The curse of AF. I completely understand how you are feeling and I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. I am so sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey wifey ... just checking in. i hope you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete