Tuesday, April 19, 2011

no writer could come up with this stuff.... (and post 200!)

In honor of my 200th post, I wanted to let you all know about a project I am participating in.

Kerri at Uncommon Nonsense is putting together an anthology of sorts, a collection of our stories. A collection of our heartbreaks and horrors and triumphs and survival. The ALI blogosphere has been such a wonderful source of sanity and support for me, and I'm sure for some of you too, but not all infertiles or BLM know we're here.

Kerri says "The goal of all this: I want to gather together a variety of personal stories from the blogosphere, and hopefully publish them - making them available to couples outside of our Blogger community. I want to make your stories heard, and to give other infertile families a chance to learn from our community and to find support in it. Each of our stories has the ability to connect with at least one person, somewhere out there, and to make them feel just a little less alone as they journey through this difficult time in their lives."

You can participate anonymously, or not. Your story can be long or short. But I urge you to check out Kerri's post and let your voice reach someone who might really need to hear it. One of the few things that has kept me sane is this blog, and the people who comment or email to let me know that my writing makes them feel less alone. It makes this whole craptastic journey seem like less of a waste, you know?

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you on this one and will check out the link. I am so sorry I didn't comment yesterday, I saw all of the posts but kept thinking I'd come up with something magical and amazing to say if I left it...then I didn't. But I guess all I can say in response to your coworker's awful news is that I believe in your strength, your ability to pull through and that you deserve to be happy. You're right, you shouldn't have to work at it. But keep up with the posts that show the good side and try and look for the good...and if you can have a sick day or two from work even better!
    Take care
    love

    ReplyDelete