Thursday, May 21, 2009

hubby dearest

So, my wonderful Hubby has been having a rough time of it lately, for a myriad of reasons. I just wanted to let the world know how rad he is. So, ready yourself for the top ten reasons he is the love of my life!!

10. His passion. When he cares about something (like the crackbox), it shows. I love that about him, even if it means my big screen gets taken over regularly.

9. His intellectual chops. I've said before that I'm a pretty smart cookie. He's smarter than me. There, I just admitted it in writing for all the internets to see. I love that we can have really interesting conversations about pretty much anything.

8. His kindness and likability. He's just a really, really nice guy, kind to pretty much everyone. People love him. He even once had a dude follow him home on his motorcycle to get his phone number so they could ride together. And he wasn't even gay. I'd have no friends if it weren't for him :)

7. His strength and fierceness. He's got big strong muscles, and is very athletic. He's also quite fierce. I always feel protected around him, because I know he'd never let anything happen to me if he could stop it.

6. The way he melts when he sees kitties/puppies/babies/insert soft helpless critter here. I love that he's a tough guy who fights with his friends for fun, yet he'll coo at a baby like a girl. Sometimes in the same hour. It's also a helpful trait when I want to bring another homeless animal home.

5. His sense of humor and wit. He can be exceedingly funny at times, spitting out one liners that make me choke with laughter. We like to laugh. A lot. At anything possible, and we share a sort of twisted sense of funny. I'm so glad we get that about each other.

4. His dependability. If he says he'll do it, he will. And truly, I do depend on him for so much. He's my rock.

3. He's sexy. Oh, those muscly arms and broad chest and ripped legs. And since my mom reads this blog, 'nuff said.

2. He is so supportive of me, and everything I attempt to do/dream of doing, etc. He thinks I can write the great american novel, even if I don't. He thinks I'd make a great vet, even if the thought of going back to school seems so so daunting. And, most importantly, he eats whatever culinary creations I come up with and actually enjoys them. He makes me feel like Julia Childs.

1. He loves me fiercely, and I know I can depend on that.


I love you, Bear. More than you'll ever know.

13 comments:

  1. I love you too Darlin. More than I can say. --See you tonight ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute. You know, if you are married to such an awesome guy, you must be pretty damned great yourself.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reminder to us all. Sometimes it's easier to take everything out on the person closest to us. *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. And the fact that he commented first says a lot about both of you. Have a great week!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab - what a lovely post.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sounds like a dream come true. Better hold tight to that one!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! You're both lucky to have each other.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for all of the kind comments! I truly do feel lucky to have him, and like things can only get better for us because we've been through so much rotten crap together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats sweet!!! Its great to take stock like that every now and then!
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what Kristin said--and that you were willing to say it all over the internets! You guys are lucky to have each other. (and thanks for the nice comment on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post! I love the one about puppies and kitties especially. My hubby is like that too, and I adore that side of him. :) Sounds like you're both pretty lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here from ICLW. :) Sounds like you have a GREAT hubby. :) I wish you the very best in your journey sweetie! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. ICLW
    http://growninmyheart.com

    ReplyDelete